Looking for new and easy dog treat recipe to try for your pup? These really simple, really quick, and really delicious peanut butter cookies will become a new favorite with your furry friend and have them licking their lips for more. Made with only four, wholesome ingredients found in almost any home, we promise you don’t have to be anywhere near a professional chef to make these tasty treats!
- 1 cup flour (white or whole wheat)
- 1/4 cup peanut butter
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup water (roughly)
Any type of peanut butter can be used for these cookies, but we suggest a simple, all natural brand for a healthier snack. Alternatively, crunchy or chunky peanut butter can be used as well for a thicker, more chunky cookie, but we found smooth works best for rolling out. You can even use almond butter!
- Preheat Oven to 350° F.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine flour, peanut butter, and egg until slightly combined. Mixture will be dry and crumbly.
- While mixing, add water one tablespoon at a time until mixture is well combined and smooth enough to roll out, but not wet and sticky.
- Roll out dough to about 1/4 inch thickness and cut cookies out using your favorite cookie cutter shapes.
- Place cookies on greased pan or baking sheet and bake in preheated oven for 15 minutes or until golden brown. Let cool for at least 15 minutes before serving to your pup!
We told you these treats were fast and simple! You really can’t go wrong. Plus, the recipe is quite flexible. For a crunchier cookie, leave in the oven a little longer and for a softer treat, take out a little sooner. Plus, don’t be surprised if you don’t need to use all the water. Depending on the type of peanut butter, the dough might already be pretty creamy. Once done, this recipe makes about 24 cookies (if using a standard sized cutter) and the shelf life in a sealed plastic bag or container is about a week. However, they freeze well and can be eaten frozen or thawed for an anytime snack!
Because the ingredients are so simple and the main flavor is peanut butter, almost any dog will enjoy these treats. Plus, since they’re made at home by hand, you don’t have to worry about what goes into these cookies or if they’re healthy enough for your pup. Indeed, there’s nothing like homemade cooking!
We tested these bad boys out on a very willing albeit very picky greyhound and we’re happy to say they passed the test! In fact, there was much drooling and some shameful begging for more after the fact!
Try these treats at home for yourself and let us know how your dog liked them! Did you shake up the recipe a bit? Have any cooking tips or questions? We want to hear from you and your pup!
Stay happy and healthy! ❤